International Conference Calls On UN To Ban Killer Robots/Israeli soldiers handcuff, detain 4 Palestinian kids and more prophetic signs of JESUS’ soon return

996509_10152333211208989_1713214676_n

Don Jon: how porn is rewiring men’s brains

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED –  Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s new film Don Jon is the story of a man whose porn habit has left him unable to relate to real women. He’s not the only one, reports Nisha Lilia Diu. There’s a scene in Don Jon, Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s new comedy about a womanising New Jersey stud with a rabid porn habit, in which Julianne Moore’s character gently breaks it to Jon that the sex they had was, well, not that good. That, actually, she felt like Jon was pretty much masturbating using her instead of his hand. Jon is stunned, mortified and finally completely confused by his sex life. Because, the truth is, he’s not enjoying it much either. Porn is what he really loves. Porn, porn and more porn. Jon’s not alone in his love of porn. Statistics are superfluous – we all know it, don’t we? – but here are some anyway: 97% of boys and 80% of girls who responded to a University of East London survey targeting those aged between 16 and 20 said they had viewed porn. In America, one in three women regularly watch porn and 70% of men aged 18 to 24 visit porn sites at least once a month. (And the English-speaking West isn’t even pornography’s most enthusiastic market – that honour goes to Pakistan.). More

[

Secret Israeli document to White House shows how US strategy shortens route to Iranian nuclear weapon

Thursday, Nov. 14, Israel sent the White House in Washington a confidential document outlining blow by blow how and when Iran will attain a nuclear weapon if the Obama-Kerry strategy for dealing with the issue goes through. The document was addressed to the National Security Council headed by Susan Rice, DEBKAfilereports. Communications between the prime minister’s office in Jerusalem and the State Department have almost petered out since exchanges between Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Secretary of State John Kerry sharpened in tone. Our Washington sources report that Rice and the NSC have taken a critical stand against the State Department’s policies – not just on the Iranian nuclear question, but also on Saudi Arabia, the Arabian Gulf and Egypt. However, the Israeli document does not take issue directly with Obama administration policies per se. It confines itself to a dry account, step by step, of how the Iranian nuclear bomb program will continue to unfold if the administration’s secret proposition is accepted. Much of the document’s content is highly technical for the perusal of US experts. It concludes that by putting Iran’s nuclear program on hold for six months, as the administration claims, US diplomatic strategy will shorten its path to a bomb or warhead. More
Nearly 40 House Democrats defied President Obama and helped the Republican majority pass a bill Friday that lets Americans keep, for one year, health plans that do not comply with Obamacare. The defections from 39 members of Mr. Obama’s party highlighted the pressure on Congress to help people who lost coverage because of the president’s signature law, as balky websites keep a veil over alternative plans and pressure mounts on the Democrat-led Senate to forge a remedy. “Let’s face it, millions of people right now have a cancelled policy,” Rep. Ron Barber, Arizona Democrat, said before voting for the Keep Your Health Plan Act. The House passed the bill, 261 to 157, despite a veto threat from Mr. Obama and objections from Democrats who said the legislation was an insidious attempt to rot the Affordable Care Act from the inside out. More
A series of photographs obtained by Infowars suggests that a similar wi-fi mesh network to the one which generated controversy in Seattle over its ability to track cellphone users is currently being installed in Los Angeles.  As we reported earlier this week, the $2.7 million dollar system, funded by a Department of Homeland Security grant, consists of a series of white wi-fi boxes affixed to utility poles with which authorities eventually plan to blanket the entire city of Seattle. According to promotional material from Aruba Networks, the manufacturer behind the devices, the grid has the capability to track “rogue” or “unassociated” devices that are not even connected to the network. After the controversy became national news, the Seattle Police Department said it would deactivate the network, although a day after that promise was made, the network was still active. Is a similar system currently being installed throughout Los Angeles? In February, the Wall Street Journal reported on Time Warner’s rollout of an outdoor wi-fi network in L.A. which was activated in the fall of 2012. According to the report, in January Time Warner announced that it would, “roll out 10,000 more hot spots in Los Angeles and other cities in the coming year.”More

New Xbox Can See Through Your Clothes Like TSA Scanners

If the successes of its past game console launches are any indicator, sales of Microsoft’s latest effort – set to hit the market November 22 – can be expected to be strong. However, this console, which seeks to be your living room’s all-in-one home entertainment unit, is immensely different from the rest. In line with the pervading surveillance culture, where microphones and cameras embedded within tablets, cell phones, laptops, light posts, vehicles and other devices watch and listen intently, Microsoft is making sure to load its gaming device with the latest spy tech goodies, which they claim will enhance users’ experiences. But the most disturbing and worrisome Xbox One/Big Brother gossip is not that Xbox maker Microsoft was reportedly involved in the NSA PRISM scandal, or that the console’s Kinect peripheral sits listening with a multi-microphone array 24/7 for voice commands, or that its noise-isolation capabilities enable it to distinguish your voice among a crowd of your friends. The most startling revelation is that the new Kinect device, to be sold in combination with the XBox One, at times has the ability to map out in high-definition the shape of genitalia, something fine and dandy for consenting adults, but which could ultimately be exploited by hackers and perverts to gain access to images of children. More

Indian navy gets Russian carrier as it seeks to bolster military

MOSCOW/NEW DELHI  – Russia handed over a $2.3 billion aircraft carrier to India on Saturday after years of delays, extending the South Asian country’s maritime reach in the Indian Ocean as it looks to counter China’s assertive presence in the region. The handover, at a shipyard near the Arctic Circle, underlined close defense ties between Russia, the world’s No. 2 arms exporter, and the world’s largest arms customer, India. But while India remains Russia’s biggest buyer, it has started to look to new military suppliers and aims to build more hardware itself. It has recently rolled out new military purchase rules to lure local private companies into the sector. The retooled Soviet-era ship was commissioned into the Indian Navy at the Sevmash shipyard in Severodvinsk, on the White Sea, in a ceremony attended by Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, and Indian Defence Minister A.K. Antony. The ship, built in the final years of the Soviet Union and named the Admiral Gorshkov, will now be escorted by warships to India in a two-month voyage from Russia’s northern coast. It has been renamed INS Vikramaditya. More

Israel’s Peres warns against feud with U.S. over Iran

JERUSALEM – President Shimon Peres urged Israelis on Friday to show respect for the United States, seeking to soothe relations with the country’s most powerful ally that have been strained over Iran. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has condemned a proposal, endorsed by Washington, to reduce sanctions if Iran suspends parts of its nuclear program. Several ministers have also harshly criticized Washington, prompting Peres to intervene. ”We must not underestimate the importance of this friendship. There can be disagreements, but they must be conducted with a view to the true depth of the situation,” Peres said in comments released by his office. ”If we have disagreements we should voice them, but we should remember that the Americans also know a thing or two. We are not the only ones,” he said. More
CHICAGO (AP) — Scientists of the U.S. Geological Survey say it’s likely it was an earthquake that shook Chicago’s western suburbs after a blast at a quarry. USGS scientist Jim Dewey says research indicates quarry blasts don’t cause larger follow-up tremors. However, a quarry blast in McCook was followed by a related tremor seven seconds later. Dewey says USGS scientists now believe the blast triggered a release of tectonic strain at a shallow depth, not miles deep in the earth’s crust where earthquakes usually originate. The USGS and Hanson Materials, owner of the quarry, will install a seismograph in the quarry which will make hourly readings of the earth’s behavior. The Nov. 4 tremor shook several communities southwest of Chicago. There were no reports of damage or injuries. Extinction Protocol

Indonesia’s Mount Sinabung volcano erupts with giant ash cloud

INDONESIA – Indonesian farmers continued to harvest their crops Thursday even as a volcano erupted less than two and a half miles away, coating their fields in ash. Up to 4,300 residents have been evacuated from five villages in North Sumatra due to the eruptions of Mount Sinabung, according to Getty Images. The volcano has been spewing ash and lava 2.5 miles into the sky.The Jakarta Globe reported that tens of thousands of hectares of farmland had been affected, with losses to farmers expected to amount to millions of dollars. Extinction Protocol

 

More cadaver bags sent to Philippines, as toll climbs to 3,633 dead

PHILIPPINES – More than a week after Typhoon Haiyan laid waste to much of the central Philippines, the toll is overwhelming: entire communities flattened, thousands dead and nearly 2 million people displaced. The arrival in recent days of hundreds of aid workers and military troops has seen a flood gate of humanitarian aid — food, water and medical supplies — open, albeit sporadically, in the hard hit provinces. Crews continued Saturday to collect bodies from streets, with the death toll raised to 3,633, according to the national disaster agency’s official death count. The number of injured stood at 12,487, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council reported. At least 1,179 were missing. For some who survived the monster storm, the aid came too late. Richard Pulga, 27, died Friday, seven days after surviving the massive storm surge and fierce winds that flattened large portions of Tacloban City, a city of more than 200,000 people. Pulga initially suffered an “open fracture of his shin bones,” according to doctors working at a damaged clinic. He then contracted a “terrible infection” that left him in need of a blood transfusion. But with the clinic out of blood and antibiotics, he eventually died, the doctors said. The death toll could still climb higher, with an additional 1,000 cadaver bags sent to provinces, the disaster council announced as search-and-rescue operations continued in Tacloban City.
The national disaster council’s executive director, Eduardo Del Rosario, said the bags would be placed on stand-by, given that most of the bodies had already been buried in mass graves or claimed by relatives. Used cadaver bags are cleaned before being reused, he said. The nation’s disaster agency said more than 9 million people were affected in 44 provinces, 536 municipalities and 55 cities. Nearly 2 million were displaced, with about 400,000 of them finding shelter inside evacuation centers. In Tacloban City, sickness, hunger and thirst have settled in with the sticky, humid heat and the stench of rancid flesh hanging over the apocalyptic scene. Survivors in improvised shelters have kept watch over the bodies of their dead relatives. Cadaver collectors in debris-removal crews uncover some of the dead, while heaving away wreckage from the roads. But the bodies that initially seemed ubiquitous are becoming a rarer sight, as collections continue. PNA reported Friday that five-person teams that include a forensic expert and photographer would begin Saturday using a “quick system” for the bodies. “Under the system, the public will not be allowed to view the identification process but relatives will be asked to participate in the final identification of corpses at an appointed time,” it reported, citing the Department of Health. Each team will be required to handle 40 corpses per day, it said. Health Secretary Enrique Ona said that photos will be taken, identifying marks will be documented, and belongings and tissue samples for possible use in DNA testing will be collected, when practical - Extinction Protocol

 

We Won’t Give Up Our Right to Enrich – IRAN

Iran’s Foreign Minister said on Friday he was hopeful for a deal with the West over his country’s nuclear program. At the same, he stressed that Iran will not give up on its right to enrich uranium. ”I am always hopeful. It is not possible to drive ahead without hope,” Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif was quoted by The Associated Press as having told the semi-official Fars news agency. ”Of course, hope doesn’t necessarily mean going without open eyes,” he added. Talks between Iran and six world powers in Geneva last week failed to end in an agreement on Iran’s controversial nuclear program. However, the talks will resume next week. Both Iran and the United States have blamed each other for the failure to reach an agreement to limit Tehran’s uranium enrichment in exchange for an easing of Western sanctions. More

Netanyahu urges France not to weaken on Iran talks

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu pressed France on Friday not to weaken in its stance toward Iran in upcoming talks on the Islamic state’s nuclear program, days before President Francois Hollande is due to visit Israel. Iran has accused France of blocking agreement last week at talks between Tehran and six world powers in Geneva. Iran is seeking relief from international sanctions, while the six demand curbs in its nuclear activities, including enrichment of uranium.  Hollande travels to Israel on Tuesday for the first time since his election 18 months ago, a visit aides say will focus on the next round of talks in Geneva starting on Wednesday. ”We hope that France will not weaken,” Netanyahu told Le Figaro daily in an interview to be published on Saturday. “We salute [Hollande's] consistent and determined position on the Iranian issue.” More

harvest army

thefaceintheclouds

DAHBOO77

somali security forces stepped up to counter al-Shabab threats

 

 

Israeli soldiers handcuff, detain 4 Palestinian kids

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s